What is an Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) system – also known as call centre software, queuing software or a queuing system
ACD distributes incoming calls to a specific group within the system. Members of the group are called agents.
The NEC SV8000 Series ACD can handle high call volumes with a minimum number of resources while reducing caller hold time and distributing call volume evenly among employees.
NEC UNIVEREGE SV8100 voice servers have built in flexible and extremely cost effective ACD system software, also known as call queuing software and call center software.
As always, I will present it from practical point of view; easily understandable and to the point.
In build ACD (requires license) is a very capable call distribution system and is very often overlooked due to an assumption that because it is integral and very inexpensive it is not flexible.
The system is very flexible and is an excellent value. Licenses are offered as a single unit for 64 groups and up to 512 agents, with no extra cost per seat – ever. This is a great value. The majority of other ACD systems come priced per seat – meaning that each additional seat/agent requires an additional license.
NEC SV 8100 ACD is designed to:
- Effectively handle incoming calls – by distributing calls on “fair basis” or a skilled routing basis, with priority to serve the caller as soon as possible. It is usual that after a predetermined waiting time calls can overflow to other groups, agents, voice mail, reception, an outside number, a networked system or elsewhere to assure a customer service response as quick as possible.
- Incorporate waiting messages with information about approximate waiting time and a company promotional message.
- Utilize a Management Information system (MIS), which provides for real-time monitoring of calls and agents as well as managing analytical data and reports.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF INBUILD[BD1] ACD SYSTEM ON NEC UNIVERGE SV 8100 VOICE SERVER
- NEC Univerge SV8100 ACD is built into the system CPU – no additional external equipment is needed for functioning, meaning that it is cost effective. No compatibility issues exist with external equipment, and it boasts simpler maintenance and higher reliability.
- It is activated via license from SV8100 CPU. Once activated it allows programing of 64 groups and 512 agents, an incredible value. Basic licenses come with 1 real-time monitor license and 3 agent client licenses.
- In built voice mail/VRS (called inmail) system provides delay announcements, progressive queue depth information (“You are 3rd in the queue”), option to go out of the queue option – like live[BD2] the message etc. Assignment is very flexible and can have different messages for each group as well as different trigger timers and combinations of messages.
- Basic queue information and alarms can also be displayed on handset displays (based on pre-set thresholds).
- Each agent can log into 1 or more groups depending on the requirements of the day and skills – always knowing which queue call is coming from, assuring correct answering. Login status is displayed on agent LCD.
- Skilled based routing – available agents can be rated by skill – giving priority to certain agents – favoring best performers or any other criteria set by customer.
- Handsets can be programmed to answer call automatically using headset for privacy and convenience
- Text Messaging – Send a text message to an agent or a group of agents
- Emergency Call – Allows an agent to request assistance on a call from their group supervisor
- Wrap-Up Timer – can be set automatic or manual to allow agent to process information about the previous caller
- Rest/Off Duty Mode – meaning ‘I am here and I am not taking calls (note: immediately recorded on supervisors display as well as in historical data)
- If agent leaves the desk and does not log out, the system logs him/her out and routes calls to another agent
- Caller ID based routing – Returning call from certain caller ID number can be directed to the person who spoke with him before
- Only the main features are mentioned – there are numerous combinations of programing combinations possible for customisation.
MIS – Management Information Software
NEC SV 8100 ACD MIS software is a very important part of the package, which allows supervisors to monitor a queue’s performance and agent activities in real-time as well as accumulated historical data.
It is a very important tool to measure performance of the queues/agents and quite often there is a visible big screen in the room for everyone to see the real-time activities and performance.
All information is individually adjusted to change color on certain threshold value. For instance when there are less than 3 agents logged in, red will display, when less than 5 agents are logged in, yellow will display. The same principle can apply to clients waiting in the queue.
Historical data is very important in order to measure performance. Even if not used often, there is psychological “pressure” on agents to perform due to the knowledge that it monitoring is possible. Data can also be utilized to determine which times of the day and days of the week are busiest – allowing planning of staff time.
- Some of the features/benefits of the NEC SV8100 ACD MIS
- MIS Software is a Windows-based software program which monitors call activity
- Can have up to 5 Real-Time Monitor Licenses (1 Included with MIS)
- Agent/Client Licenses for RTD (3 Included) – A small monitoring window for the queue and messaging system – can be purchased for every agent (cost effective)
- Examples of real time monitoring configuration (customisable)
- Real time changes monitored
- Status for each individual agent – colour coded for easy visibility by glimpse (e.g. on ACD call, on non ACD call, wrap up mode, break, logged out)
- Numbers of calls in the queue – and longest waiting time – allows immediate actions to log in additional agents when necessary
- Queue status and how many agents are logged in
- Queue Monitor Graph – Compounded data up to time of the day. Data could be presented in bar graph or numerical form
- Agent Performance
- Call Traffic
- Queue Performance Graph
- Queue Summary Graph
- Queue Summary by Hour Graph
- Real time changes monitored
- Supervisor can customise monitoring screen with data to be monitored, colors and trigger thresholds for color changes as well to monitor 1 or more groups
Some examples of NEC SV8100 ACD MIS historical reports
Historical reports can be run for any period of time e.g. week, month, or a custom date range.
- Agent Time Management – e.g. average call duration, wrap up time, active time, break mode etc. – allowing for comparison of agent performance and action for improvement to be taken
- Agent Performance Summary
- Agent Traffic by Hour
- Agent Call Summary
- Agent Login/Break Timeline
- Group Call Summary, Group Call Summary by hour, day…
- Group Call Traffic, Group Call Traffic by hour, day…
- Abandoned Calls, total, per hour, per day… very important management indicator
- Group Service Level – how answer targets are met in percentage time
- Group Service Level by hour, day….
- Call Detail by Queue
- Individual Call Detail
As it is clear from a brief description of the NEC UNIVERGE SV8100 ACD (call queuing, call centre software) that it is very flexible built in ACD, which costs a fraction of the cost of similar ACD software. For ACD to work, no external equipment is needed. MIS software requires only a basic PC server to operate.
Pyer communication can assist you in provisioning a complete system or upgrade your existing system for ACD/MIS functionality. We can assist you to evaluate your business needs in simple terms and propose a solution for your business based on your individual needs.
We can review and upgrade or relocate your existing NEC system providing high reliability and bringing experience in the job.
For a no obligation consultation and quote – Please call us on 1300 761 030 or enquire via our website https://pyerphonesystemsmelbourne.com.au/
The next in connection with ACD/MIS deployment – to be covered in another post are for example:
- Integration of ACD with NEC Desktop applications (CTI – computer telephony integration)
- Using KCCIS or Netlink for linked sites
https://pyerphonesystemsmelbourne.com.au/ 1300 761 030, 03 9397 7988